Vice President of Accounting
Martin Management Group is looking to add a Vice President of Finance & Accounting to our growing company. The VP of Finance & Accounting is responsible for maintaining the financial accuracy of each dealership’s operation. Establishing & monitoring compliance with accounting policies. Monitor internal controls.
* Direct the activities of each dealership controller. Provide oversight, support and guidance.
* Create and maintain formal record of established accounting policies.
* Continually monitor compliance with established accounting policies.
* Prepare information for and participate in monthly Manager’s meetings.
* Serve as coordinator for information security program.
* Monitor DMS activities and usage in each dealership. Identify and implement improvements in procedures to better use the DMS.
* Review and implement procedures to streamline accounting functions across departments and dealerships.
* Serve as liaison between facilities and various banking institutions.
* Review and approve dealer agreements with various lending institutions prior to signing by the company president. * Review and recommend pay plans for controllers and office staff.
* Maintain knowledge of laws pertaining to the automotive industry, and of financial and accounting principles.
* Inform dealership management and appropriate corporate personnel of any out-of-line conditions in areas such as cash, receivables, inventories, payables and payroll.
* Coordinate annual financial reporting with VP of Support Operations and our outside accounting firm.
* Coordinate outside tax audits (sales, payroll).
* Review and monitor internal controls at each dealership. Implement improvements.
* Conduct various business meeting presentations as needed.
* Assist executive team in establishing procurement processes and implementing safeguards to ensure dealership compliance for purchases.
* Review monthly financial statement of each dealership for timeliness, accuracy and validity.
* Develop positive relationships with all levels of management and dealership personnel.
* Be able to travel at least 25%.
* Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
* Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of eight years in a dealership accounting environment preferred.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient with DMS system.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to use personal computer applications
- Valid Driver's License
- Up to 25% travel
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Paychecks
VP of Accounting, Vice President, Director of Accounting, Accounting Vice President, Accounting Director
Job Reference #: 2932903