- Regular Full-Time
Martin Management Group is looking for a Service Manager to join our team at our Kia of Dayton location! Our continued success and future growth is attributed to our employees. Our dealership group is a leader in the automotive industry, that has developed into one of the most successful and respected automobile retail organizations in the nation and has consistently been ranked in the Automotive News Top 125 Dealership Groups! We are a world class dealer group that employs over 400 service and sales professionals. Our company thrives on the goal of professional growth through customer and employee satisfaction.
By joining our team, you can expect to work on a team of dedicated and talented individuals. Our stores work with a collaborative approach and encourage success amongst each of our members. If you want to make an immediate impact, get recognized for hard work, and develop your career, this is the place for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a strong Service Manager that is responsible for operating an efficient and profitable Service Department. Will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relations, setting and obtaining sales and profit objectives and maintaining accurate service records. Ensures CSI rating is maintained at the highest level possible while maximizing gross profit.
- Aggressive Salary + Commission
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Establish forecast goals and objectives for the department and develop plans to meet them.
- Coordinate and administer an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Direct and schedule all activities of the service department employees.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc. Complete OSHA training and ensure OSHA training completion by department employees.
- Provide technical assistance to service department employees when needed.
- Conduct monthly meeting with service department employees.
- Monitor service technician’s payroll records and establish competitive compensation plans for service department employees.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serve as liaison with factory representatives. Completion of manufacturer meeting notes.
- Marketing of service department through all available channels.
- Provide accurate estimates and explain those estimates to customers regarding costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Follow up with customers on unsold repairs.
- Keep abreast of new equipment tools and systems available and recommend purchases. Monitor the location and care of shop tools.
- Perform quality checks on completed repairs.
- Establish and maintain paper service history files (customer, warranty and internal) by VIN on all work performed.
- Ensure that work areas and customer waiting areas are clean and comfortable.
- Control the performance of the department through comeback reports, warranty reports, monthly forecasts, etc.
- Collect accounts receivable for service work.
- Follow up with parts department on part orders to ensure parts availability.
- Maintain and safeguard company assets (i.e. vehicles and equipment).
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Five years of automotive in auto repair facility. Two years in a dealership management.
- ASE Certified preferred
- CDK proficiency
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer & phone skills (Internet, MS Outlook, CRM)
- Strong work ethic
- Current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment tests to include background check, MVR, drug screen and valid driver’s license.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1114