Martin Motorsports is looking for a Service Advisor to join our growing team at our Harley-Davidson Louisville location. The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for promoting and selling additional needed service to customers. Must present a professional appearance.
- Maintain CSI rating as established by Management.
- Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for "hours per customer repair order written" and "effective labor rate".
- Ensure all documents, such as repair orders and invoices, are accounted for.
- Accomplish the forecast established by the Service Manager.
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner. Obtain customer and vehicle data.
- Schedule appointments using the appropriate systems. Obtain customer’s signature on repair order; provide customer with a copy.
- Communicate with customers to determine the nature of the mechanical problem(s). Advise customers of the importance of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. If additional service work is needed, explain details to the customer, including additional cost and time considerations.
- Secure appropriate approval and authorization numbers from the service contract company prior to repairs.
- Document the exact repair instructions on the repair order and initiate vehicle inspection.
- Provide accurate estimates for labor and parts to customers.
- Detail on the repair order if special arrangements are to be made for pick up/delivery. Transfer this information to the invoice.
- Follow up with customers on unsold repairs.
- Follow up progress of each repair order. Contact customers regarding any changes in the estimate or completion time. Record changes on repair order.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work-in-progress and appointments.
- Compare final invoice with original repair order. Review for completion and accuracy.
- Accept cash and credit payments. Keep cash register accurate.
- Deliver vehicle to customer and answer any questions.
- Keep Quick Pricing Guide, Multi-Point Inspection, Maintenance Menus and other service department forms up-to-date.
- Complete training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous powersports experience preferred
- Harley-Davidson experience a plus
- Willing to undergo background check
- Valid Driver's License with M endorsement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Paychecks
Service Advisor, Service Writer, Harley Advisor, Harley Writer, Harley-Davidson Advisor, Harley-Davidson Writer