General Sales Manager
Downtown Nashville Motors is looking for a talented General Sales Manager to join our growing sales team!
Martin Automotive Group was recently named as one of the "20 Best Companies to Work For in Bowling Green, KY" https://www.zippia.com/research/best-companies-in-bowling-green-ky/. Martin Automotive Group is one of the most respected automobile retail organizations in the nation and has consistently been ranked in the Automotive News Top 125 Dealership Groups! We are a world class dealer group that employs over 400 service and sales professionals. Our company thrives on the goal of professional growth through customer and employee satisfaction.
By joining our team, you can expect to work on a team of dedicated and talented individuals. Our stores work with a collaborative approach and encourage success amongst each of our members. If you want to make an immediate impact, get recognized for hard work, and develop your career, this is the place for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a strong sales leader that is highly motivated and has a proven track record of successful experience in dealership sales management. The ideal candidate will be expected to recruit, train and manage sales staff. Oversee showrooms and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Aggressive Salary Commission
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Determine monthly and annual forecasts in terms of unit sales, gross profit objectives and departmental profits.
- Establish objectives with sales manager, F&I Manager and sales consultants regarding CRM utilization, closing percentage, prospecting efforts, unit sales and projected income.
- Review and ensure complete utilization of CRM tool and process with each sales consultant and sales manager.
- Conduct sales meetings on a daily basis to review the previous day’s results and determine current day’s plan of action.
- Provide on-the-job training for salespeople.
- Develop and implement a prospecting program for salespeople and ensure the program is followed to achieve desired results.
- Facilitate New vehicle pre-delivery with the Service Manager.
- Review monthly productivity reports, salespeoples’ monthly forecasts and profit performance with the Operations Director by salesperson and as a department.
- Establish and maintain standards for displaying, merchandising and maintaining new and used vehicles and lots.
- Ensure vehicle salespeople maintain a 100-percent turnover to the Finance & Insurance Manager.
- Assist salespeople in closing deals.
- Establish standards for appraising used vehicles including requirement to obtain vehicle history report.
- Evaluate the condition of demonstrators on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with information security program and other laws.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations which govern retail auto sales.
- Determine new and used inventory levels to be carried based in customer and market analysis.
- Complete all training as directed by management.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Five years of automotive sales experience including finance and insurance. Two years in a dealership management
position. Hyundai/Subaru brand experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of inventory control
- Strong computer & phone skills (Internet, MS Outlook, CRM)
- Strong work ethic
- Current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment tests to include background check, MVR, drug screen and valid driver’s license.
Job Reference #: 260487