Martin Automotive Group is seeking a General Manager for our Bennettsville Honda location. The Martin Automotive Group started in 1985 in Bowling Green, Kentucky when founder, Cornelius A. Martin opened the doors to his first dealership, Martin Oldsmobile Cadillac. From that single location, the Martin Automotive Group has grown to over 12 dealerships in multiple states including Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, California, South Carolina, and Tennessee and currently employs over 400 individuals - all while continuing to draw national attention and respect. Our family of industry award winning dealerships represent some of the best automotive, motorsports, and motorcycle franchises available such as Subaru, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ram, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Audi, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, BMW Motorcycles, and Harley-Davidson.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the factories and lending institutions. Complete/review meeting notes for all management contacts with factory representatives and send to corporate.
- Notify supervisor of any personnel changes at management level.
- Plan the facility’s operations for the coming year and report the plan to the President.
- Obtain, review and recommend improvements for each department manager’s forecasts and plans.
- Review and approve the compensation plans for all employees (excluding Controller).
- Ensure department managers are training and supervising employees for optimum effectiveness.
- Responsible for overall facility operation, function and appearance.
- Communicate policies and procedures to all employees and ensure they are understood and followed.
- Promptly notify Controller and corporate office of all legal issues.
- Provide positive leadership to build employee morale.
- Develop merchandising strategies and assist in creating an effective, cost-efficient advertising plan for the facility.
- Attend monthly fixed operations meeting.
- Ensure compliance with safeguarding customer information and other programs (red flags), all other federal, state and local laws - OSHA, EPA safeguards, 8300, red flags information security program.
- Monitor and safeguard company assets (i.e. company vehicles, inventory and equipment).
- Ensure community involvement of dealership employees.
- Resolve any customer complaints that line management has not been able to resolve.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect dealership operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc. Complete OSHA training and ensure OSHA training completion by department employees.
- Complete training as directed by management.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 5 years in a sales and supervisory capacity, general management preferred
- Former Honda or import experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays