General Manager (Honda)
We are seeking a General Manager for our Bennettsville Honda location! The General Manager will ensure profitability of the dealership by overseeing the various departments which include variable operations (sales & financing), fixed operations (service & parts), and the business office (accounting & administration). Duties will include planning, motivating and coordinating the dealership’s management through leadership and solid business practices.
- Hiring all management positions, completing performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department manager (includes administrative, sales, parts, collision and service departments).
- Planning and developing short and long-term goals and objectives annually, and submitting time projections to corporate management for approval.
- Effectively communicating with the comptroller/office manager on a weekly basis to review departmental forecasts and ensure consistency with annual projections.
- Paying close attention to daily operations, recommending and creating improved courses of action where necessary.
- Explaining the policies and procedures of the dealership to all employees and following up with employees to ensure that these issues are understood and followed.
- Providing dealership management with weekly reports on the financial condition of the dealership.
- Overseeing the monthly financial statement to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the management/dealership owners.
- Coordinating with the business/administrative office to ensure that records and analyses are correctly maintained.
- Creating a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturer personnel and maintaining these relationships.
- Coordinating regular meetings with the managers of each department to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
- Overseeing the hiring and training of all department managers.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic attitude to build positive employee attitudes and morale.
- Overseeing and maintaining compensation plans for all employees.
- Creating cost-effective advertising programs and merchandising strategies for the dealership.
- Focusing on any customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify and taking the necessary steps to resolve these complaints.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years as General Sales Manager, Sales and/or supervisory capacity.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications. Current valid drivers license and state sales license.
- Aggressive Pay Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Rewards & Recognition
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Reference #: 246458