General Manager (Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram)
Martin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is seeking a General Manager to be completely responsible and held accountable for the successful operation of the dealership, sales and office staff. Will develop and execute plans to ensure the facility of a reasonable profit. Will accomplish all objectives through planning, motivating and coordinating the activities of all departments.
Martin Automotive Group was recently named as one of the "20 Best Companies to Work For in Bowling Green, KY" https://www.zippia.com/research/best-companies-in-bowling-green-ky/. Martin Automotive Group is one of the most respected automobile retail organizations in the nation and has consistently been ranked in the Automotive News Top 125 Dealership Groups! We are a world class dealer group that employs over 400 service and sales professionals. Our company thrives on the goal of professional growth through customer and employee satisfaction.
By joining our team, you can expect to work on a team of dedicated and talented individuals. Our stores work with a collaborative approach and encourage success amongst each of our members. If you want to make an immediate impact, get recognized for hard work, and develop your career, this is the place for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced operations leader that is highly motivated and has a proven track record of successful experience in dealership sales management. The ideal candidate will be expected to recruit, train and manage sales staff. Oversee showrooms and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Plan the facility’s operations for the coming year and report the plan to leadership team.
- Obtain, review and recommend improvements for each department manager’s forecasts and plans.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the factories and lending institutions.
- Ensure department managers are training and supervising employees for optimum effectiveness.
- Responsible for overall facility operation, function and appearance.
- Provide positive leadership to build employee morale.
- Develop merchandising strategies and assist in creating an effective, cost-efficient advertising plan for the facility.
- Attend monthly fixed operations meeting.
- Ensure compliance with safeguarding customer information and other programs (red flags), all other federal, state and local laws - OSHA, EPA safeguards, 8300, red flags information security program.
- Monitor and safeguard company assets (i.e. company vehicles, inventory and equipment).
- Ensure community involvement of dealership employees.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect dealership operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc. Complete OSHA training and ensure OSHA training completion by department employees.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years in sales and supervisory capacity.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications. Current valid drivers license and state sales license.
- Aggressive Pay Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Rewards & Recognition
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment tests to include background check, MVR, drug screen and valid driver’s license.