If you want to accelerate your career growth, then our opportunity at our South Carolina dealership is for you!
Martin Automotive Group has developed into one of the most successful and respected automobile retail organizations in the nation and has consistently been ranked in the Automotive News Top 125 Dealership Groups! We are a world class dealer group that employs over 400 service and sales professionals. Our company thrives on the goal of professional growth through customer and employee satisfaction.
About the Role
We are seeking a Controller that provides sales and expense analyses for all departments, fairly represents the financial condition of the facility, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintains accurate records and establishes and maintains the date processing capabilities to accomplish the facilities’ objectives.
· Must prepare and submit all manufacturer statements and dealership reports in a timely manner.
· Interpret, analyze, and reconcile balance sheet accounts and financial statements on an on-going basis and timely manner.
· Inform the General Manager regarding trends and the cash needs of the facility.
· Monitor adjustments to inventory accounts. Ensure proper approvals.
· Participate in the preparation of short- and long-term profit projections for the facility.
· Administer payroll policies and complete all appropriate local, state and federal sales tax filings.
· Assist in the purchase of property and liability insurance.
· Report all insurance claims in a timely manner.
· Coordinate annual audit/review and physical inventory.
· Maintain loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
· Automate all possible systems and establish controls.
· Program coordinator for safeguarding customer information and other corporate policies and promptly notify corporate office of all legal issues.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Minimum 5 years experience; at least 2 years supervising others; 3 years working in automotive industry (preferred).
The successful candidate will receive:
· Competitive Compensation
· Excellent Benefits package
Job Reference #: 161698