Martin Automotive Group is seeking a Controller to join our team at our Bennettsville Ford and Honda location in Bennettsville, SC. The Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. Fairly represents the financial condition of the facility, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintains accurate records and establishes and maintains the date processing capabilities to accomplish the facilities’ objectives.
- Prepare a complete financial statement and submit it to the manufacturer in a timely manner.
- Interpret and analyze the financial statement on an on-going basis.
- Inform the Operations Director regarding trends and the cash needs of the facility
- Monitor adjustments to inventory accounts. Ensure proper approvals.
- Provide dealership managers with appropriate/necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for opening all dealership mail and distributing appropriately.
- Participate in the preparation of short- and long-term profit projections for the facility.
- Administer payroll policies.
- Assist in the purchase of property and liability insurance.
- Report all insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Coordinate annual audit/review and physical inventory.
- Maintain loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
- Automate all possible systems and establish controls.
- Program coordination for safeguarding customer information and other corporate policies (red flags, etc.).
- On-site Human Resources representative.
- Promptly notify corporate office of all legal issues.
- Coordinate physical inventory.
- Maintain personnel and medical folders on each facility employee.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for new employees on their first day of work.
- Complete all training as directed by management.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Notary preferred
- Autmotive experience preferred
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly paychecks
- $55,000-$70,000 base salary plus annual bonus