- Regular Full-Time
Martin Management Group is seeking a Controller for our Harley-Davidson locations. The Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. Fairly represents the financial condition of the facility, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintains accurate records and establishes and maintains the date processing capabilities to accomplish the facilities’ objectives. Must present a professional appearance.
• Prepare a complete financial statement and submit it to the manufacturer in a timely manner.
• Interpret and analyze the financial statement on an on-going basis.
• Inform the General Manager regarding trends and the cash needs of the facility
• Monitor adjustments to inventory accounts. Ensure proper approvals.
• Provide dealership managers with appropriate/necessary reports in a timely manner.
• Responsible for opening all dealership mail and distributing appropriately.
• Participate in the preparation of short- and long-term profit projections for the facility.
• Administer payroll policies.
• Complete all appropriate local, state and federal tax filings (sales, payroll)
• Monitor and evaluate all balance sheet accounts. Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
• Floor incoming units and payoff sold units in accordance with lender policies.
• Report all insurance claims in a timely manner.
• Coordinate annual audit/review and physical inventory.
• Automate all possible systems and establish controls.
• Program coordination for safeguarding customer information and other corporate policies (red flags, etc.).
• Act as the on-site Human Resources representative and coordinate activities with the corporate HR director.
• Promptly notify corporate office of all legal issues.
• Maintain personnel and medical folders on each facility employee.
• Complete all necessary paperwork for new employees on their first day of work.
• Complete all training as directed by management.
• Follow policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to travel to Bowling Green, KY on occassion
- Notary preferred