Subaru of Ontario is seeking an experienced CONTROLLER to join our team! Our multi-franchise dealership is concerned with more than moving inventory; we're committed to your success and invested in your future. This is a BIG TIME opportunity for experienced individuals to take their career to the next step!
The Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments, fairly represents the financial condition of the facility, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintains accurate records and establishes and maintains the date processing capabilities to accomplish the facilities’ objectives.
- Prepare a complete financial statement and submit it to the manufacturer in a timely manner.
- Interpret and analyze the financial statement on an on-going basis.
- Inform the General Manager regarding trends and the cash needs of the facility.
- Monitor adjustments to inventory accounts. Ensure proper approvals.
- Provide dealership managers with appropriate/necessary reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for opening all dealership mail and distributing appropriately.
- Participate in the preparation of short- and long-term profit projections for the facility.
- Complete all appropriate local, state and federal tax filing (sales, payroll).
- Monitor and evaluate all balance sheet accounts. Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Administer payroll policies.
- Report all insurance claims in a timely manner.
- Coordinate annual audit/review and physical inventory.
- Maintain loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
- Automate all possible systems and establish controls.
- Program coordinator for safeguarding customer information and other corporate policies.
- On-site Human Resources representative.
- Promptly notify corporate office of all legal issues.
- Maintain personnel and medical folders on each facility employee.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for new employees on their first day of work.
The successful candidate will receive:
- Excellent compensation package!
- Full company benefits!
- Educational: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience: 5 years working in accounting roles; at least 2 years supervising others; dealership experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and maintain a drug free environment.
Job Reference #: 326871