Body Shop Painter
Martin Automotive Group is seeking a Body Shop Painter for our Kia of Dayton Location. The Body Shop Technician repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications utilizing hand and power tools. Wear company approved uniform.
- ·Examine damaged vehicle and compare to repair estimate cost.
- Disassemble and assemble vehicle components as necessary.
- Re-work sheet metal and other materials to pre-paint prep stage.
- Perform gas and Electric/Arc welding repairs per certified processes.
- Straighten damaged frame and Uni-Body structures using frame straightening machine and laser measuring systems.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces.
- Prime repaired surfaces, using paint spray gun equipment as required.
- Repair or replace damaged mechanical parts as required.
- Inspect parts received for repair and compare to repair estimate for accuracy, notify management of any discrepancy.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Keep Service area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools and equipment.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- One year as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice
- ICAR or ASE certification preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Paychecks
- $20.00 flat rate depending on experience plus bonues
- Relocation assistance if applicable
Painter, Body Shop Painter, Collision Painter, Collision Center Painter, Auto Body Painter