Body Shop Director
Martin Automotive Group is looking for a Body Shop Director to join our team at the Collision Center of Dayton. If you enjoy delivering an excellent customer experience and have prior experience working as a Body Shop Director, we want to talk to you!
- Establish forecast goals and objectives for the department and develop plans to meet them.
- Coordinate and administer an annual operating budget for the body shop.
- Direct and schedule all activities of the body shop employees.
- Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, emissions, etc.
- Develop and implement training programs for body shop employees in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide technical assistance to body shop employees when needed.
- Conduct meetings with body shop employees.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with several insurance adjusters.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Provide fair estimates and explain those estimates to customers regarding costs and time required for body work.
- Follow up with customers on unsold repair estimates.
- Perform quality checks on all completed body shop repairs.
- Establish and maintain a work repair record/file (repair orders & repair estimate) by customer name for all repairs performed.
- Account for all repair orders and ensure all are completed. Prepare final billing for completed repair orders.
- Establish and maintain procedures for proper management of paint inventory.
- Maintain repair rates competitive with the prevailing market area.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Personnel Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three+ years experience in the automotive industry (specifically in body shop and repairs)
- One year in a supervisory position.
- Great communication skills
- Great writing skills
- Ability to manage others
- Valid driver’s license
- Health, dental, vision, life
- Paid holidays
- Weekly Paychecks
- $200k - $250k a year
Body Shop Estimator, Estimator, Body Shop Manager, Collision Center Estimator, Collision Center