As a Service Advisor you will be responsible for initiating automotive services and repairs by ascertaining vehicle performance problems and service requests; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer records.
- Serve as the communicator and liaison between the customer and technician; ensuring the customer’s needs are understood by the technician and the needed and recommended service/repairs are understood by the customer.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepare repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Communicate additional repair and service needs to the customer based on vehicle inspection.
- Administer the manufacturer warranty for qualifying vehicle repairs.
- Present a friendly, professional greeting to customers and helps identify, confirm and offer resolution to customer concerns.
- Consult with customers on applicable service specials and keeping customer informed on completion times and service expenses.
- Previous Service Advisor experience, preferred
- Must be available to work all shifts, including Saturdays.
- Prior experience as an automotive technician a plus
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Basic mechanical understanding of an automobile
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid in-state driver's license
- Pass a motor vehicle report and possess an acceptable safe driving record
- Pass a 7 year criminal background check and drug screen
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools you will need to be successful. Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
Subaru of Ontario/Ontario Mitsubishi is an equal opportunity employer and we maintain a drug free environment.
Job Reference #: 231609